Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Annamoe Pt. 2



Last weekend we went back to the Annamoe kayaking. There was WAY more water this time and we did a much longer run. We started at Lough Dan near Roundwood. It was an extra 4km or so of grade III paddling. This week I didn't fare as well. Despite repetitive warnings to avoid the overhanging trees, I managed to get stuck in EVERY SINGLE ONE! It was so annoying (and dangerous). Plus I made a balls of one rapid (twice) and ended up swimming (twice) in a gross foamy pile of foamy foam. I managed a few cuts and scrapes, I mangled my knuckles, twisted my ankle, and bruised my EYEBALL! But it was still brilliant fun, and Paddy says that when I was actually paddling, I did it well.
I can't wait till next Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home