Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm going to share my favorite (and only) recipe

THE BAKE

It started as an accident. It was actually supposed to be cookies. I think I was indulging in the romantic notion that a glass of wine accompanies all enjoyable kitchen endeavors. It would be irresponsible of me to solely blame the wine, I am a desperate cook. I distrust recipes, substitute ingredients recklessly, and have the attention span of a crow. Without exception, every time I add any spice to ANYTHING, the smoke alarm goes off.
I have perfected two things despite my culinary shortcomings.
1. Frozen grapes (haha)
2. The BAKE!
The bake has 3 essential ingredients.
WET
DRY
TASTY
The rest is up to your imagination.
For WET I use soya milk, or juice, or green tea, or water or a mix of everything. You can really use anything you want. Seriously.
For DRY I use oats, and musli. I've added bran flakes before. I can't eat wheat but if you can I suppose any sort of cerealy thing will work.
TASTY is the fun part. Use almonds, dried fruit (not fresh fruit it goes all rotty and gross), nuts, cinnamon, ginger, peanut butter, maple syrup ANYTHING YOU WANT. Don't use sugar though, the white devil isn't welcome here.
Mix it up, stick it in a loaf tin with a bit of olive oil to avoid the dreaded stick.



Then oven it up. At 220 for about 20 min to half an hour depending on how crap your oven is. mine takes about 40 min.
Beware, it's good for you.
I love the bake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home