Monday, December 03, 2007

Jackson's Falls







Check out the rapid I ran on sunday!! Paddy took me to the Annamoe river in Wicklow with a few of his kayak cronies. Paddy, Peaches, Maddog and Jenny are all great paddlers so I was in good hands. It's a grade 3 river with a grade 4+ rapid near the end called Jackson's Falls. I'd heard of it. It's sort of a rite of passage among paddlers. I went with every intention of walking around the rapid, but on the day decided to go for it. What's the worst that could happen? (don't answer that!!)
I made an absolute balls of it, spent half the time upside down, but it was SOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!! Even getting hauled out of the bottom pool by Peaches on a rope was brilliant. I can't stop smiling today. I'm covered in bruises but I'm so chuffed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home