Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Christmas is coming

It certainly feels like it today. What a crap day. It's Captain Downpour out there and in a moment of sheer forsight and brilliance Paddy and I got on our bikes and proceeded to get soaked to the bone. All of the vitamin C in the world can't save me now...
I miss Canada. It doesn't rain in the winter, it snows. Nice fluffy snow, (that turns to slushy mud admittedly), but that starts as lovely floaty cottony fun. And in Canada it's proper cold, not this nonsense semi-cold-wet-dry-what-the-hell-do-I-wear-today malarky. If it's going to be cold it might as well freeze your ass off, and give you something real to moan about.
Having said that I haven't had a Christmas at home in years (besides my 4 day 'stopover' last year. A drive-by really at best!) I probably couldn't hack the cold anymore. I'm FREEZING TO DEATH right now and it's probably all of 8 degrees.
Actually here's the forecast.



Rain
100% chance of precipitation
57° F | 42° F
14° C | 6° C

that poor little cloud is blowing like hell.
I hope it's ok tomorrow. We're going surfing. Monday we had a great plan to get up EARLY (5am early) and go catch the push of the tide coming in in Wicklow. Needless to say 5 am rolled around and cozy bed seemed somehow more appealing than the raw wintery sea in clothed in darkness. Thursday we will be brave. 8am seems easier anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger FireVaney said...

I miss Canada, too!

(Although, to be honest, I've only up been there five short times.)

I can't sleep unless its down-right chilly!

If I get my way, I'll be living in Stratford, Ontario inside of twenty years.

Rock on!

10:55 AM  
Blogger UnaRocks said...

surfing -in November? You crazy.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home