Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In 2 short weeks...

October 31st. Normally my hands-down-all-time-favorite day of the year. This time though, and basically continuously for the past year, Halloween has filled me with fear and trepidation. Namely halloween at midnight....
Why? Two little numbers. Each harmless in their own right, but when put together they become a veritable force to be reckoned with. The big 3 0h. Thirty. (she cringes) Thankfully I'll be in Germany, holed up in a 20's budoir style hotel in the middle of Hamburg waiting to start tour with Lluther (think leopard skin rugs, burgundy velvet everywhere and cleverly placed mirrors). I'll be eased into my 30's by a bit of rock, a visit from lovely Paddy and some serious denial.
on this note, I met my friend Barry yesterday and over lunch opened up about my worries to which he replied, "oh, turning 30 is MUCH worse than you can ever ever imagine."
Great, thanks!!
BUT on this note I was asked for ID the other night in town.
I actually welled up at the sheer joy of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home