Friday, October 06, 2006

the workhorse....

I've been working like a mad working thing lately... It's exhausting but it's been fun so far....I'm back in V2 which is great. I like the job and it turns out I'm not half bad at it. The stress is manageble (so far) and Paddy is helping me by being the most patient and supportive boyfriend in the history of man.
I never though that I'd utter these words but here goes - I am officially a commuter. YUK. I'm developing a morning routine for the first time in my life. (I'm convinced that this must have something to do with my proximity to the dreaded 3-oh)
1. get up BEGRUDGINGLY. I hate getting out of my wonderful cocoon...(x)
2. Moan about how much I hate mornings.
3. Search my poor messy room for something to wear. This is a frustruating experience, there are tears involved at times, but I have yet to learn my lesson. (sorry Dad, I've never quite mastered the art of tidying up. If I haven't learned by now I NEVER WILL!!)
4. RUN for the train.
5. drink my actimel on the train. (sorry, in an aside, this morning the train stopped really quickly and I fell over quite spectacularily and desperately ungracefully. It was VERY embarrasing but as you and I and everyone knows, people falling over is seriously funny stuff so please feel free to picture it and have a little giggle.)
6. Get off at Pearce. Walk past the Dáil (look out for the Taoiseach - ya right)
7. My favorite part. I get to walk through Stephens Green every day. It's amazing walking through the buzz of town in the morning, then suddenly finding yourself in the idylic peace and quiet of the green, blocking out all of the chaos. I took a wee photo. It doesn't cpature the serenity at all but it's pretty all the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger UnaRocks said...

i hear ya. am wasted in Ko Phi Phi

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home