Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Gig, the German conclusion....

After the Cathedral I had a bit of a wander (also known as getting desperately lost - something I am remarkably adept at) As if by led by a force greater than myself, I instantly found two of my favorite things. H&M, and sushi. I am desperate at tourism. Forget sampling yummy german food, just give me raw fish. NOW.






I had to, of course, sample the local beers. It was sunny, VERY warm and I was on vacation afterall!!




In my travels I found lovely shops, churches, a beautiful pub with a gang of shouting dice players, and the coolest book shop, like something out of one of my madder more vivid dreams. I was coaxed in by the tinkling of a harpsichord, and found tiny room after tiny room filled floor to ceiling with the most wonderful books and toys and quaint kitsch. It was SO ME!! I'm not sure if it was a library, a museum or a bookshop but I didn't care - I was in Love! I wandered around for ages, too scared to touch anything (but secretly touching the corners of everything when noone was looking) and when the man (with the pretty eyes) behind the lovely little wooden desk went into the back room I hurredly took all of the photos I could then ran out!! In my haste they didn't turn out very well but here are a few...








Then FINALLY it was gig time. I took a taxi out to Gabaude 9 - A very cool club in the warehouse district, interestingly enough between Gabaude 8 and Gabaude 10. (hmmm)
I hadn't seen Mike Clive in yonks, and when I did see him last it was rushed at best. This was a great reunion. It's 8 years since we were dating (YIKES) but we're still great mates which is uber cool. We basically laughed, and chatted and laughed for the next 5 hours, broken by the gig of course. He's backing up Jason Collett with his own band Palomino. Excellent players and great tunes. It was a beautiful night.









(and I had the yummiest sandwich...)


The only bad thing that happened occured in the airport on the way back... i was very sleepy after staying up all night. (in another moment of sheer brilliance I neglected to pre-book a hotel and was DELIGHTED to find the entire city full of visitors for the annual Koln exhibition) Instead I took a bus to the Frankfurt airport and waited, and waited, and waited.
It was in the midst of my absolute tiredness, when I came upson, completely unawares....
HAMISH.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home