Friday, May 12, 2006

Germany, the Cologne conclusion....

So I liked Cologne best, maybe it was the sun, the wonderful sleep from the night before or simply the city itself. It's a beautiful place. Truly.
I had bucketloads of sleep in Frankfurt after forgoeing the night before. The hotel Cult was great. The best part were pillows shaped like pyramids and made of fluffy wonderfulness. A divine sleep was had!!


(and look who I met in the lobby!)

After my 13 hour kip, I was off to Frankfurt main train station. So very big, and so very clean! I was actually struck by the lack of litter and debris in the whole country. A welcome change from the rampant litterbug epidemic in Dublin. (I don't even need to mention the lack of peeing in the streets. - but oh, I just did!!)



The trainride was great, very quiet and fast, and the view coming into Cologne ensured that it was love at first sight, between the river and the Cathedral.










TBC............

1 Comments:

Blogger UnaRocks said...

awesome photos dude. That Cathedral is so beautiful.

What are you doing today? Think after work I'm going to head to Lili's to watch Australia's Next Top Model.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home