Friday, November 18, 2005

Gabriel Rosenstock


I was lucky enough to attend the book launch of one of my favorite poets last night. As a lover of all things Haiku, I am a big fan of Gabriel Rosenstocks, an Irish erotic haiku writer, among other things! Hearing him read last night was entrancing, despite the fact that it was mainly in Irish. I was quite taken with the beauty of the tones and timbres of this language and was happy to listen without understanding (luckily it was translated as well.) So now a tribute to this fine writer.





what speeded them on their way? (from UTTERING HER NAME)

Dar Óma
what speeded them on their way?
what distances did they travel?
the sky was full of falling stars ...
You draw down too much light -
soon the heavens will all be bare



they swim in the fish-tank
coming
going

(he must know no.2 and no.3!!)


were you a bat
you'd hear these dark
high-pitched screams

2 Comments:

Blogger misssarahjunefox said...

he rules!! truly!

2:44 AM  
Blogger adrian said...

hey dude . just thought id pass on my new blog address. adrianmcbloggington.blogspot.com add me on to your links if you please.. later duderino

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home